Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

This weeks recipe is a very versatile one.  I like to serve it with Breakfast Enchilladas, but it also goes well with ham steaks for lunch, or almost anything actually.  :)

Hashbrown Casserole

250ml container of sour cream (or half a 500ml container)
1 can mushroom soup
2 lb bag of hashbrowns, defrosted
1 onion, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and bake for 40-50 minutes at 350.  I sometimes hold a little bit of the cheese back and add it to the top of the casserole...or sometimes I just add a little bit more.  This recipe definately isn't in my "healthy foods repetoire".  In my defence, I usually use low-fat mushroom soup, low-fat sour cream, and skim-milk cheese, but that only makes is moderately better.  It can be made up the night before with the breakfast enchilladas and then popped in the oven before you go for your morning run.  MMMMM....enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment