Friday, April 12, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger


Wow!  That's all I know how to say.   Recently, I was nominated by Rebecca at Running Around the World as a Very Inspiring Blogger.  I am honored that she considers my posts inspiring and interesting.  And to be honest, I'm thrilled and a little overwhelmed.  I can't stop smiling and I'm so dang excited that someone is reading my little blog.  So, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!  I was also VERY honored to be in the same nomination as Heather at Through Heather's Looking Glass and Rachel at Runner's Tales.  These are two blogs I've been following and two incredible running ladies! I hadn't checked out Kimberly at Love Every Mile before, but I sure have now.  Please bop over and check out Rebecca's  blog, it's awesome!  I LOVED her Marathon recap and her travels through Europe.  Keep up on the awesome posts Rebecca!! 

Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know. 

So, here we go...7 things about myself:

1. I love Disney.  A lot.  I am currently trying to determine how I will decorate my kid's playroom/family room in the basement (on a small budget) to look like a Disney park.  If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know!!
2.  As of Tuesday, I am "officially" unemployed.  Sort-of.  I will be a full-time Mommy to my three small children, as well as volunteering on various boards and organizations in our community.  I am excited and thankful for the opportunity I have to stay with my children.  Truthfully, I am also feeling a little lost.  I have been with the same company for 11 1/2 years...since I was 20.  As silly as it sounds, I feel like a little bit of my identity has been taken away. 
3. I love fresh flowers.  Well, almost any flower, I'm not a real carnation lover, but everything other than that, I love.  I think a few fresh flowers on the table make the room "pretty". 
4. I am so lucky to still have my Gramma M.  She is 85 years old, going on 55.  She is active and healthy and is an inspiration to me.  My Gramma is one of the kindest people I know and makes an effort to get t know everyone.  I have never seen her in a bad mood and she keeps in touch with her entire family .(four children + spouses, 14 grandchildren +11 spouses, 14 great-grandchildren)  Gramma makes friends wherever she goes and can always find a connection to each person she meets.  My Gramma is the glue that keeps our family as close-knit as it is and she has taught us the value of family. 
5. I am secretly (well, not so secretly anymore) hoping to get picked for the
runDisney Meet-up at the Tinkerbell Half Marathon.  I actually get butterflies in my stomach and a little jittery when I think about it.  Like right now...I have a big silly grin on my face and am already playing it over in my mind.  Again. 
6. When I was young, I always wanted to be a writer.  I loved writing everything: poems, stories, essays...loved it all.  I won several awards from when I was aged 8 - 17.  In Grade 12, I placed 2nd in the province (Canada's version of a state) in an essay competition. But for some reason, I never pursued it further.  Guess it's not that far-fetched that I wanted to start blogging.  :)
7. I love spring.  And I really, really wish it would hurry up and get here.  I hate to be a complainer...I am very fortunate to live where I do.  We have fresh water, clean air, and our freedom....things that many in this world do not.  We have also had snow for almost six months straight!  And there is still lots of it left, last night it was -15 C and the weatherman is calling for another blizzard this weekend.  It is starting to feel like winter 2013 is never ending!  It's not uncommon that we get a snow in April, but usually it has melted by now.  I am so ready for this winter to be over and spring to come.  I can't wait to get outside! 

Nominations:

1. We Run Disney
2. Running At Disney
3.  Flowers croon (where the birds sing words)
4. 2 Princesses on the Run
5. ...Just Me and My Running Shoes...
6. Pumpkin to Princess
7. Running Toward the Prize
8. Live, Run, Grow
9. Twins Run In Our Family
10. Running Happily Ever After
11. Finding The Skinny Geek Within
12. Menybyvicky
13. Through Heathers Looking Glass
14. Running Random
15. C Talley Run

Some of these are blogs I have been following for years and some I have only found in the last few months through Twitter and other bloggers.  Some of them have tons of followers and some only a few.  But they all have something in common: THEY ARE AWESOME!   Each of these bloggers write interesting & inspiring posts.  You should all be incredibly proud of yourselves because you truly are inspiring!  You've inspired me to get back to working out and taking control of my life.  Speaking of which....it's time for Day 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. 

Thanks again to Rebecca at Running Around the World for the nomination and for all the awesome, inspiring posts you share!  I would have been nominating you if you hadn't beat me to the punch. 

I have an exciting day planned on Sunday and can't wait to share it with you.  Have a great weekend!!












8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nom! I moved off blogspot to http://ctalleyrun.christalley.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination! I really appreciate it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome everyone! Thanks for all your great blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination! Finally got around to creating the post: http://www.runninghappilyeverafter.com/2013/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I'm heading over to read it right now!

    ReplyDelete