Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday


Tasty Tuesdays
I thought I’d continue on with my Tasty Tuesday tradition (and by tradition, I really mean that one time I did it).  J  Today I will feature another recipe that is a big favorite in my home.  Well, actually two recipes, so I suppose I should call it a meal, Zippy Pork Chops and Parmesan Orzo. 
PARMESAM ORZO
3 tbsp margarine                              ½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups orzo pasta                         1 ½ tsp dried basil
3 cups chicken broth                       salt & pepper to taste
Melt margarine in saucepan over med-high heat.  Add orzo and sauté for 2 minutes, till slightly brown.  Add broth and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover & simmer till orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed—about 20 minutes.  Mix in parmesan and basil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serves 6.  Very nice with salmon or pork chops. 
 BBQ Tangy Pork Chops
6 bone in, 1” thick pork chops     2 tbsp Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
¼ c Water                                            3 Garlic cloves (minced)
1/3 c Soy Sauce                                 1 tsp Montreal Steak Spice
2 tbsp cooking oil

Combine ingredients and pour over pork chops in zipper plastic bag or marinating dish.  Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but I find it’s better if left over night.  This recipe is best if the pork chops are barbequed.  During the first 10 minutes of barbequing, baste with the sauce.

I usually serve these recipes with a side of cooked vegetables or tossed salad.  The pork chops freeze great, so I will often make up a few batches at once and freeze a couple in zipper freezer bags to pull out at a later date.  Both these recipes were given to me by a friend of mine and are great summer recipes.

Question of the day: Do you have a favorite BBQ recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment