Tuesday, September 22, 2015

2015 runDisney Princess Weekend Expo

On our third day in Florida, I hopped a bus and headed to the ESPN Wide World of Sports for the 2015 Princess Half Marathon weekend race expo.  We were staying at the Art of Animation resort (I'll review that resort later, but in short....awesome!!)  I had checked with the special runDisney resort weekend transportation earlier in the day and they said the buses ran every 15 minutes.  Unfortunately, I missed the previous bus and for some reason, another bus didn't run for 45 minutes.  It was the one and only time all weekend I waited for transportation more than 5 minutes.  I started to get a little nervous, as I had headed to the bus stop at 5:45 but by the time I got on the bus it was 6:30.  We made a quick stop at Pop Century resort and then headed to ESPN zone.  Fortunately, the Art of Animation is just up the road from ESPN and it was a quick bus trip.   I followed the crowd to the buildings where the expo was located and nervously made my way in for bib pick up.  I have to admit, the ESPN zone was pretty overwhelming!!  I was expecting one building, not an entire complex. 
Race Transportation Schedule

I found the Glass Slipper bib pick-up location and the Kids Races and grabbed my bib and my three children's.  I then headed over to pick up race shirts and get my picture taken for the Glass Slipper challenge.  (From what I have read on other blogs, you used to receive a bracelet to prove you completed the 10k, but this year they began taking your picture at the expo, after the 10k and then checking it before giving you your Glass Slipper Challenge medal. 

Children's Miracle Network Picture

Children's Miracle Network Booth

Once I had our bibs and shirts, I began exploring the expo.  I headed over to the Children's Miracle Network Hospital booth because I was also running this race for that charity.  I picked up my "package" from them (a tech shirt and runDisney poster) and stopped at the official runDisney booth.  There I picked up a Glass Slipper "I Did It" t-shirt and some runDisney Mickey Mouses for my kids.  From there, I stopped at the Raw Threads booth for new shirts....I know, I know....I broke the "don't wear anything new on race day" rule.  I thought it would be okay because I have worn there products before.  And it was ok, no chaffing, etc but the die did run on my half marathon shirt (I think the poor shirt couldn't handle that much sweating and water dumped over it for three hours).  :)  I also picked up a new Sparkle skirt to wear over my capris and then headed back to the resort for the evening.  My kids were participating in the Kid's Races the following morning. 
 

That's where I'll leave you off for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment