Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

I realized I have yet to feature a recipe from one of my favorite food categories....appetizers.   Mmmmm, delicious, although not often a healthy choice, they are a wonderful indulgence.  Today, I'm sharing my Crab Meat & Shrimp Dip recipe and it's definately on delicious indulgence side of things.   I've seen many, many variations of this recipe with many different names, but this is the one I use.
Crab Meat & Shrimp Dip
   2 - 8 oz packages   cream cheese
   1 cup                      mayonaise
   1/2 cup                   diced onions
   3 tsp                       dill weed
   2 cups                    grated cheddar cheese
   1 can                      crab meat
   1 can                      shrimp (small works best)
                                  french loaf
                                  parmesan cheese (real not the Kraft shaker kind)

Mix cream cheese, mayonaise, onions, dill, & cheese.  Add crab & shrimp.  cut large oval in the top of French loaf and hollow out.  Stuff the above mixture into the bread loaf.  Sprinkle the top with parmeson cheese.  **I wrap the entire loaf with tinfoil before baking, so only the top with the mixture is showing.  These seems to help so the bread doesn't burn** 
Bake at 325F for 45 minutes to 1 hour (or until bubbling and hot).  Serve with bread pieces and crackers. 

This dip is absolutely amazing...but what isn't with those ingredients.  I usually save it for special occasions since the calorie count is so high, but it's very worth it when I do indulge.  I'm told the dip itself freezes well, but to be honest, I have never tried it.

Next time you're hosting a few friends, or heading to a special event, try this dip.  I hope you won't be disappointed!

Question of the day: What's your favorite food category: appetizers, salads, soups, main course, dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment